Blueberry Spinach Salad Bowl with Orange Vinaigrette
- ½ tsp. orange zest
- 2 tablespoons juice from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, or dill
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- ⅛ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1¼ cups cooked wheat berries
- ½ of a 15-oz. can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ of an avocado, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sliced radishes, and/or fresh orange slices
- Make Orange Vinaigrette: Remove ½ tsp. zest and squeeze 2 Tbsp. juice from 1 orange. In a small bowl whisk together zest and juice, white wine vinegar, fresh herbs, and Dijon-style mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on baking sheet. In a small bowl stir together orange juice, curry powder, and paprika. Brush over sweet potato. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Cool potato in pan on a wire rack.
- Divide spinach between two bowls. Top with sweet potato, wheat berries, beans, blueberries, and avocado. Drizzle Orange Vinaigrette evenly over bowls. Add desired toppings.
This recipe comes from Forks over Knives.