Lobster Mac n Cheese
Trust me, this is awesome!
- 4 tablespoons butter divided use
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups milk I use whole milk
- 1 pound corkscrew pasta such as cavatappi or cellentani
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked lobster meat plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chives thinly sliced
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 or 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the flour, then whisk until combined, about 30 seconds.
Pour in the water and whisk until smooth and just thickened.
Add the milk and whisk until combined.
Stir in the pasta, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and pepper, then bring the mixture to a simmer.
Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is done.
Turn the heat to low, then stir in the cheeses. Keep stirring until the sauce is smooth.
Fold in the lobster meat. Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and stir it into the panko breadcrumbs.
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the pasta. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Sprinkle with chives and garnish with addition chunks of lobster if desired. Serve immediately.