Designing a Kitchen for Entertaining
So if that’s what you like to do, then if you’re thinking of remodeling your kitchen, there are some things to consider. I found a great article on HGTV.com that gives you some great questions to ask yourself, such as:
- What kind of events do you host (casual, formal, buffet, sit-down, etc)?
- How many people do you generally entertain at one time?
- How do you serve food? Do guests serve themselves in the kitchen or do you plate food and serve it in another space?
- Do you cook food yourself, or do you hire caterers for parties?
- Is cooking part of the entertainment (as in cooking clubs)?
- How many people cook at one time while you entertain?
Answers to all of these questions will have an impact on the design. Of course, you may find that you are limited by the size of the space that you have, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get creative about filling in every little nook and cranny with the things we will need to suit our entertaining style!
After answering the above questions, if you’re a bit overwhelmed thinking that it will never all fit into your space, give us a call. That’s what we help with – giving you a layout and design that will suit your very own lifestyle, within your space and budget! It might be a tall order, but we’re up for the challenge.
If you had your way, what would you change about your kitchen? What kinds of events do you host? I’m curious.This entry was posted in Kitchen Design and tagged kitchen design on .